first hour, we look at how a point mass (radius = 0) can have angular momentum
- Please finish PS#7 with MT#2 corrections
- See Angular Momentum of a Pt. Mass
- Please read 7.3 Angular Momentum of a Point Mass
- See Bullet Hits Block Veritassium
- Throw something at me
second hour, we look at the conical pendulum
Plan video project. Proposed video projects should be posted by Tuesday night, Nov. 15.
For Thursday, under construction below this line. Please ignore until later today (Tuesday)
- I posted rather complete solutions for MT#2 and Solutions to PS#7 on the main class website. I spent several hours on it, so please take a look and tell me if my efforts were worth it.
- Please see the video on angular momentum: Wheel Kick and Angular Momentum
- Veritassium Which Block Goes Higher?
- See this short video on Angular Momentum and Figure Skating
- Solutions to MT#2 posted on main website, PS#8 solutions posted on main website. Please make sure as soon as possible that you would get all these problems correct if you were to encounter them again.
- Big Exam #7
- Please read and try the problems on PS#8 posted on main website
- See video on Slack Lining. Is this how you solved the problem?
- Watch Statics and do problem #1 on PS #8.
- There’s a small amount of new material today, so please take a look at the solutions I posted for MT#2 and Solutions to PS#7 on the main class website. I spent several hours on it, so please take a look and tell me if my efforts were worth it.
- See this video of work on an inclined plane. (3.8 minutes)