- See video about Electricity Finances and read Finances Slides
- The EPA was set up by Nixon in 1970. It was way way necessary. Its success is reflected in the greatly improved health of our environment and our people. Because of this success, do people care about the environment less? Please read this story on NPR.
- See video about Carbon Abatement and see supporting Carbon Abatement slides
- Read the updated McKinsey’s Carbon Abatement Curve or at least look at the graphs.
- Please read this article about the possible Carbon Tax in Washington State. They bring up many important economic issues.
- Please see calculation on heat of combustion vs GHG warming… it takes a few months for GHG to warm the earth as much as the heat of combustion.
- This Wednesday, noon, there’s a protest in SLO against off shore drilling. If you’re interested, please go, and report back to us what you learned there.
- After class, please come to the Development Showcase: 7-9 in Chumash… free food!
Midterm #2 during class time. Today at noon, there’s a protest in SLO against off shore drilling. If you’re interested, please go, and report back to us what you learned there.
- Please see video Efficiency and see efficiency slides
- Pease see Jerry Brown Speaks about Art Rosenfeld on how he changed the world toward energy efficiency. Read about it more if you like at his LBL website.
- Please finish your Empathy interventions and post them!
- Please read through the Empathy self interventions of your colleagues in the class.
- Submit to me via Email a summary or beginning of your project. This could be a written page with a few graphics, a ppt presentation with a few slides, or some other means.
- Please look up Roger Burton and think about what you want to tell him about climate change and your future.
- Going green is both ethical and financially advisable? This was thought ridiculous 10 years ago. Now, it’s common knowledge.
- Ponder this question… I’ve had two people already ask me what to make of the last part of the first MT#2 question: What do you see as the role of USA as an international leader in energy development?
Have you thought about this question already? What do you think?
- We talk to Roger!
- Projects – We Email to Pete each group summary of your proposed final presentation.
- We meet at Pete’s House at 2:20 or so to Talk With Roger Burton, and teach him about Climate Change Public Outreach.
- Finish and log your second self intervention: Empathy Self-Intervention. Recognize when you’ve “otherized” someone – established them as “the other” and see how this gives you the ability to dismiss the validity of their perspective. Then endeavor to “walk a mile in their shoes”, see their behavior as something that you do, see the world through their eyes. Recognize how they are the same as you, or where you have similarities.
What I did not assign: