Day 1: 2D mechanics (no trig).
- Do PS #4, on main website – First Question is Revision of MT#1 (answers and comments are posted on main website). But it’s not due until next week Monday.
- It is a good idea to read through the problem set before seeing the videos so you know where the information is to lead you. It is also a good idea to review parts of the videos if you need to check on something while doing the problem set.
- See the video on 2D work
- See video on 2D momentum transfer
- Watch Read 3.6 and see video: Boat on the River Problem Solution Explained
- Talk about projects – Project proposal due by midnight Saturday, Feb. 5.
Day 2: (Inclined Plane)
- See this video on estimating vector components again if you like. It was assigned for last Friday, but is worth looking at again (in my opinion).
- See this video about the mass on the inclined plane
- See this video of work on an inclined plane.
- Check out PS#4 again because I added 6 more questions for the new material.
- Work on PS#4 and experiment with Demos
Day 3: (statics)
Here you guys are when I’m not around.
- See video on Slack Lining (Statics). Do this after you’ve read through the problem set questions. Can you answer question 9?
- See video on solution for 2D inelastic collision from a problem set from years past.
- Work on the *new and augmented* PS#4 (I added 6 problems yesterday Tuesday morning) and experiment with Demos
Big Exam #3
Day 4: (Universal Gravity)
- See video on Universal Gravity and Inverse Square Law
- Veritassium music gravity video
- See video on Inclined Plane using Only Energy (no kinematics at all!)
- From Textbook: Read the first half of section 6.5, up to (but not including) example 6.6
- I posted answers for BE#3 and some comments on the main web page
Please see updated problem set including today’s class work due Monday.